But, all of my intense TPR/TCAS training seems to be paying off, because this week, as Jerry (the new program director for TPR) stated so frankly, we finally get to do something productive! A small group of engineers, including myself, is in charge of getting this next project rolled out, and so I've spent the past 2 days doing training and familiarizing myself with new tools. And today, I actually made something! It looks super cool too. It's a schematic for a new board that we came up with. And it has my name on it! I don't think I can show you though, there's probably all kinds of rules on proprietary information and stuff like that. I just thought I'd mention it since I was pretty excited about it!
Kung Fu, Weight Training, Parenting, Engineering, Video Games, Football, Music, Travelogues, Cars, Commentaries, Reviews, and so much more! Great taste, less filling, and good for the body and mind.
Thursday, March 23, 2006
I Made Something!
So I've been working at Forbes' best managed Aerospace and Defense company for the second year in 3 years (w00T!) for... about nine months now (since last June), and I've seen quite a few different things and have compiled a small list of little projects. I've worked on several different programs and several different circuits, with tasks ranging from test coverage analysis to support engineering to verification, and some small redesign tasks as well. I'm pretty impressed that I've gotten as much done in this amount of time as I have - most everyone knows that I'm a bit on the lazy side, and the company kind of throws a lot of new hires right into the fire without much of a mentor program, so you really have to kind of be proactive.
But, all of my intense TPR/TCAS training seems to be paying off, because this week, as Jerry (the new program director for TPR) stated so frankly, we finally get to do something productive! A small group of engineers, including myself, is in charge of getting this next project rolled out, and so I've spent the past 2 days doing training and familiarizing myself with new tools. And today, I actually made something! It looks super cool too. It's a schematic for a new board that we came up with. And it has my name on it! I don't think I can show you though, there's probably all kinds of rules on proprietary information and stuff like that. I just thought I'd mention it since I was pretty excited about it!
But, all of my intense TPR/TCAS training seems to be paying off, because this week, as Jerry (the new program director for TPR) stated so frankly, we finally get to do something productive! A small group of engineers, including myself, is in charge of getting this next project rolled out, and so I've spent the past 2 days doing training and familiarizing myself with new tools. And today, I actually made something! It looks super cool too. It's a schematic for a new board that we came up with. And it has my name on it! I don't think I can show you though, there's probably all kinds of rules on proprietary information and stuff like that. I just thought I'd mention it since I was pretty excited about it!
Labels:
Engineering,
Journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment